Friday, March 25, 2011

Concert at Christ Lutheran Church

An Evening of Beautiful Music Offered to the LORD

pipeorganfront2
The organ at Christ Lutheran Church in Staunton.

Tonight my lovely wife and I were treated to an evening of beautiful music played by Jonathan Greer, organist for Christ Lutheran Church. He performed beaurtifully pieces by J. S. Bach, Theodore Dubois and Louis Vierne.

After a wonderful offering of organ pieces, he sang a duet with Laney Riley (my muralist friend) of "Nella Fantasia." His tenor voice and her soprano blended beautifully to convey these beautiful thoughts:

(English Translation)

In my fantasy I see a just world,
Where everyone lives in peace and honesty.
I dream of souls that are always free
Like the clouds that float
Full of humanity in the depths of the soul.

In my fantasy I see a bright world
Where each night there is less darkness.
I dream of spirits that are always free,
Like the clouds that float
Fullof humanity in the depths of the soul

In my fantasy exists a warm wind,
That blows into the city, like a friend.
I dream of souls that are always free,
Like the clouds that float
Full of humanity in the depths of the soul.

1 comment:

Norma said...

Right now I'm doing a "Facebook Fast" for lent. Hope to visit you there after Easter.