By Chuck Balsamo
It’s always blown my mind to see two perfectly similar people in appearance, upbringing, and education grow and become two totally different human beings.
Have you ever wondered how one person becomes so highly successful, and then another person who is just like him or her (in almost every way) becomes so woefully unhappy and unsuccessful?
To me, high success is not defined as having lots of money and things, or attaining to certain levels of achievement.
The differences between successful and unsuccessful people are beneath the skin. You’re not going for a certain new look, but a certain new mindset. You don’t need a new outfit. You need a new attitude.
Successful People…Love themselves and their family and friends. They are thankful for the past, content with the present, and optimistic about the future
Unsuccessful People…They are the sleepwalkers. They are bitter about the past, angry and hurt in a hundred ways. They groan and grumble about the nightmares of today. They are consumed with the dread of a hopeless tomorrow.
If you are woefully unhappy and unsuccessful, you can switch tracks.
You just have to understand these major differences between successful and unsuccessful people, and then choose a more successful way of thinking (and acting) for yourself.
Stop repeating the same excuses! Everyone has a terrible past. Everyone has challenges. Everyone has a few good reasons to be unsuccessful.
I don’t believe in the power of good luck and bad luck, because I believe more in the power of right and wrong attitudes, negative and positive expectations, and positive action (or the lack of it)!
AttitudeHow do you generally feel about yourself, your life, and the world around you?
- Are you self-loathing, guilt ridden, enraged, embittered, etc. (OR)
- Are you grateful, loving, graceful, playful, hilarious, energized, etc.
- Stop being such a downer! Open the window blinds and let the sunlight in! Clean up your spaces from the devastating effects of your last pity party.
- Smile with difficulty until you can smile by default!
ExpectationsWhat are you expecting to happen with your life?
- Do you feel like the whole world is conspiring against you, that life is always going to be an impossible uphill struggle? (OR)
- Do you feel like the whole world is conspiring in your favor! Do you expect the mountains to move? Do you expect people to like you, love you, and bless you?
Positive ActionHow are manifesting energy, taking action, and moving towards your dreams?
- You have to be more than a dreamer to win!
- Unsuccessful people are lazy. They wake up late and they do whatever, whenever, wherever… most of the time.
- Unsuccessful people spend lots of time wishing for a better life, but they do little or nothing (consistently) to drive them forward.
- If you want to go from woefully unsuccessful to highly successful, you must turn your wishes into strategic plans, and actually go for it!
- The world behaves differently when you TAKE ACTION!
Consider these verses from the Bible…
Attitude: “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” (Philippians 4:8 NLT)
Expectations: “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT) “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” (Ephesians 3:30 NLT)
Positive Action: “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your strength.” (Ecclesiastes 9:10 NLV)Create a new attitude!
Develop a long new list of expectations!
Enter into the power of positive action!
When you do these things, the entire universe will welcome you to the UPWARD FLOW.
Sure, you will have challenges and opposition. But with the right attitude and expectations, and with positive action you will keep blasting forward without losing momentum! You will win. Because it’s impossible to stay at the bottom when you give attention to the things I’ve written in this blog today.
Please leave a comment, and if you loved this message… share it!
Chuck Balsamo [1.]
Today’s image from Designbolts.com