Thursday, October 21, 2010

NPR 'Rewards' Juan Williams for Honesty

Commentator Fired for Remarks Made on O'Reilly Factor

Engine Cowling

Last time I flew out of Dulles, it was the guy wearing a "72 Virgins Dating Service" tee shirt that got my attention. When Juan Williams says he's sometimes frightened by the sight of passengers in Islamic dress on an airplane, I think a lot of us can identify with that. Think of our parents in the days after Pearl Harbor. A Japanese person walking around Honolulu might have drawn some attention.

Certainly you might express such a sentiment without impuning ALL people in Islamic garb [or ALL Japanese]. if balding German men had destroyed the World Trade Center, I'd EXPECT you to be checking me out when I got on your airplane.

Still, NPR said Juan Williams' comments "undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR." That's the same NPR that ran a segment entitled: "How to Speak 'Tea Bagger.'" ht/RedState

No comments: