Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Essential Morning Reading...

Binyamin Jolkovsky's Jewish World Review

Temple Beth Israel
Temple Beth Israel in Staunton, Virginia.

My three readers [1.] know that I often reference Jewish World Review [click to read]. It is a wonderful resource for commentary, opinion and spiritual insight. I became an avid reader several years back.

What I didn't realize at first was that Jewish World Review is the work of one man, Binyamin L. Jolkovsky, who puts the publication together daily by himself. He regularly works through the night to get the day's issue up for his considerably more than three readers. The time stamp on his email digest is often in the wee hours of the morning (around three-something once this week). Honoring Shabbat and Holy days, his work ethic drives him to put out extra issues before sundown comes on those most special of times.

If there is a single person who has inspired me to blog it is Binyamin Jolkovsky. He artfully places current events and spiritual thoughts side by side in his publication. He is a man who's mission is deeper than face value. I have corrresponded with Mr. Jolkovsky a few times. He reads every email himself and is thoughtful in his response. He assures me he's not hiding a highly capable staff somwhere, though the quality of his work makes me wonder.

It is no wonder that I consider Jewish World Review part of my essential morning reading. Often the Bible insight offered in the spiritual portion gives me something to think about through the day. The insight about world events is something you would be hard pressed to find so well presented anywhere else.

Today I ask all of my readers to click on the link below and enjoy the rich fare served up by Jewish World Review, and if you find it as meaningful as I do, consider making a regular gift to keep it going. My contribution is based on what I'd be more than happy to pay for a commercial publication that delivered similar content.

masthead

No comments: