Friday, May 4, 2012

Revival Fire for Our Time and Place

It Won't Happen Unless Someone Lights the Fuse...

spark-att1-1024x388

Yesterday was the National Day of Prayer. My lovely wife and I found ourselves on the porch as thunder clouds rolled in, praying for our Nation. "Where are the Jonathan Edwards for our time?" I found myself asking G-d. "Who will ignite the Great Awakening we so desperately need?" This morning I opened my email only to find that Chuck Balsamo [click to read] is right there in the fight!

This is our time. Like Frodo, the noble hobbit, who laments: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened;" we need to heed the words of Gandalf:  "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
 
We can talk about renewing our great Country and work hard to achieve her renaissance, and that is a noble endeavor, but without a renewal of her spiritual foundations, America's greatness can never be realized. A Nation who owes her greatest distinctives to the afterglow of Great Awakenings cannot survive without the Spirit that gives birth to those things.

Spark Twenty-12 [click to read] begins next week!

No comments: