Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pitch Me, Unopened, Right in the Bin...

..How NOT to Get Me to Open Your Direct Mail Piece

Pitch Me, Unopened
Large envelope from some environmental group.

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh as I picked up the mail today. He was talking about the 16 year old kid who saved his family from a polar bear attack [he shot the bear]. Look what came from some environmental group! It went in the recycling bin directly.

The reason: Why read a piece of mail with two blatent lies on the cover? When you shout out to me that Sarah Palin is gone I wonder how you missed how she's still in the game. [1.] When you tell me that polar bears are decreasing, well, the evidence is that they're INCREASING! [2.] If you are making some attempt to stop energy exploitation in Alaska, I'm just not interested.

Now don't get me wrong. I like bears [3.] but I believe in a form of wildlife management that occasionally involves bullets. I want to see the beauty of Alaska preserved but I know that the right policies can allow caribu to snuggle up to pipelines as we use the state's natural resources to meet our energy needs well into the 21st Century. Sarah Palin knows this and she is NOT going away! [4.]

No comments: