Sunday, November 29, 2009

From Staunton to Bedford Falls...

By Way of Berry's Natural Way

Bailey Brothers
Jimmy Stewart fans will feel right at home...

I had to stop by Berry's Natural Way in Staunton on an errand and found myself transported to Bedford Falls in It's a Wonderful Life. I almost addressed Alex as "Mr. Gower." Those who know the movie will especially enjoy the window display's references to specific scenes.

Alex asks me if I know Mr. Gower's first name? No, I don't but the answer is in the telegraph [which is part of the display]! Also reproduced are the National Geographic young George showed Mary, Mama and Papa dollar and the first edition of Tom Sawyer that Clarence gave George.

Bailey Brothers
...it's been transformed into the old building and loan!

Bailey Brothers
From a friend.

No comments: